Research PALS (rPALS) is a librarian led program, run in collaboration with PALS, for PALS student tutors. Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- make use of information literacy skills when tutoring students who are required to conduct research
- evaluate information critically to determine format and credibility
- define an information need (e.g. keywords and alternate keywords, formulating a search question and executing a search strategy)
- find a variety of sources (e.g. books, news, scholarly publications) using library resources (e.g. quickfind, databases) and Internet sources
- respect academic honesty and apply proper citing and citation style
Graduates of the rPALS program will receive a certificate and badge.
For any inquiries, please feel free to contact either Mara Bordignon, Lynnette Harper or Diane VanderPol.